Early Childhood Family Education
For ECFE classes, please register all attending children, not adults.
Two hour classes include time to play and learn with your child and then time for adults to meet separately for support and education.
Infant and toddler non-separating classes are offered for children, birth to 36 months and their parents.
Watch for upcoming monthly parent workshops offered through Early Childhood Family Education and School Readiness. Topics offered will include Understanding and Addressing Challenging Behaviors, How to Parent a Picky Eater and Parents and Preschoolers: Getting Ready for School. Look for more information in the winter/spring Community Education catalog or online.
Parents and children stay together for these classes. Families explore new learning activities, engage in interesting topics and play together in our early childhood setting.
ALL ABOUT OUR NEW ECFE ONE-TIME “PUNCH CARD” CLASSES
Register online as you usually would for one-time classes and pay a $7 family fee for each class,
or purchase a punch card online for $50, good for 10 one-time classes (in fall, winter and spring).
As always, register just your attending children for each class, whether using a punch card or not.
Punch cards are good for these classes:
Wacky Wednesday ● Thursday Tool Kit ● Friday Fun Club ● Community Helpers ● A Book & A Lap
Preregistration is required for all ECFE classes, including those you purchase with your punch card.
Any cancellation or change must be arranged with the Community Education office at least 48 business hours before the class date.
Once purchased, your punch card remains here at ECFE and is punched once for each time your family is registered in a one-time class (regardless of attendance). Punch cards are valid for the 2018-19 school year.
Here’s how to get a punch card and register for the classes:
2. Choose the class named “Punch Card Purchase,” add it to your cart and finish your purchase using a VISA or MC.
3. Then return to the Punch Card Classes here in the website, choose and add to your cart up to 10 one-time classes, enter the punch card promo code and click “check out.” (There is no need to click "update your cart.") This will zero out the fee and you will be able to proceed to check out and finish and pay no additional cost.
The READY! For Kindergarten program is designed to help participants prepare children with the skills needed to start and stay at grade level throughout their scholastic career. You, the parent or caregiver, are your child's most powerful teacher. With READY! for Kindergarten you can help plant the seeds for success in school and a lifelong love of learning for your child. Join us for upcoming READY!
You may submit your child's immunizations one of the following ways:
1. Fax a current copy of the record to 191 Early Childhood Nurse, at 952-707-4140.
2. Have your child's doctor fax the record.
3. Click on the following two links to complete the Early Childhood Immunization Form and Emergency Care Form, complete and mail or drop off at the Community Education office:
Diamondhead Education Center - Early Childhood
200 West Burnsville Parkway, Suite 100
Burnsville, MN 55337 Children must have forms on file in order to attend class.